Your health and safety, family, and overall-wellbeing need are our priority at YogaBellies, and we’re supporting our community of women in every way we can.
But if you are in the fortunate position to have a strong foundation across these areas, you might also be looking at how you can adapt to the 'new normal,' look towards the future and maybe thinking about what work might look like for you in the future. And that’s why you're here right now. In fact, there may be no better time for you to begin your YogaBellies teacher training.
Our clients need your support more than ever, with women birthing alone in hospitals or choosing to birth at home. New mums are unable to get out and enjoy the much-needed post-partum 'village' that we provide at YogaBellies. This is why our online sessions are just as important and relevant now online as they are in person.
There are *so* many misconceptions about what yoga is and who should become a yoga teacher. Let me dispel some of these myths
I'm sure you've probably thought (or heard other women say):
- I’m not bendy enough
- Yoga is for teenagers on Instagram doing handstands
- I’m not skinny enough to do yoga
- I’m wayyy too old for yoga
- I’ve just had a baby, so I can’t do yoga...
- I’m pregnant, it’s not safe for me to practice yoga
- Yoga won’t get you fit or help you lose weight
- I don't have any yoga teaching experience...
No matter your shape, size, experience or what’s going on in your body — as women, we gain extra benefits from the correct yoga practice at each stage of our lives — even from adjusting our practice to align with where we are in our menstrual cycle.
But when we go to a yoga class or we train as a yoga teacher, we’re not made aware of these benefits unique to women!
Being part of YogaBellies® means that you're connected with an amazing global network of like-minded women, who want to support you and won’t judge you – because they’re right where you are too. It’s about waking up to the value of women supporting women, bringing back sisterhood and ‘the village’ as something that is absolutely essential for our wellbeing.
YogaBellies® offer yoga classes for women at every important life stage, including pregnancy and post-partum with baby. Our YogaBellies Teacher Training doesn't just cover the basics of teaching hatha yoga: We focus specifically on teaching yoga for women throughout these life stages, making you a specialist in yoga for women.
Immediate access to your Teacher Training online with lifetime access to all of the following:
- 60+ hours of video content, including a step-by-step breakdown of every posture for every life stage
- Bursting-at-the-seams YogaBellies teacher training handbooks and Asana guides on all of the topics covered - covering all of the basics you’d expect from a standard 200 course PLUS more information on our specialization, yoga for women
- 30 hours of YogaBellies class live recording from different teachers, practices and techniques
- Lectures on all of the YogaBellies themes and topics (with printable handouts)
- My complete YogaBellies business goddess training in a series of video lectures and printable handouts, to help you set up, plan for and grow your yoga business
- Home study YogaBellies® first aid certification for all teachers as well as anatomy and physiology guidebooks
- Regular ongoing live sessions with myself and my team of teacher trainers online for you to interact and learn as you progress your training (attend if you can or view the recording)
- 60+ step by step prewritten YogaBellies class plans for you to tweak and make your own, all with Prewritten SLEEP meditations to accompany each class plan (only for licensed teachers)
- By the end of this training, you'll be qualified to teach: pregnancy yoga; postnatal yoga for mum and baby; baby massage and yoga for women throughout life.
YOGABELLIES AND FEMININE YOGA
History And Benefits Of Baby Massage
HERSTORY AND YOGA PHILOSOPHY
Baby’s cognitive development ages 1 – 12 months
The Yogabellies Sadhana
Move: the 29 Yogabellies asana
Move: the 29 yogabellies asana: individual postures
Teaching Touch To Parents
Yoganatomy And Female Physiology
Importance And Relevance Of Baby Massage And Infant Care
Maiden, Enchantress, Crone (menses and menopause)
Yogabelles Knowledge Test
Using Oils With Babies
About this course
- 53 lessons
- 0 hours of video content
This is a question I get asked a lot! Traditionally, a 200-hour YTT qualification is the base required qualification to teach hatha yoga. The 300-hour qualification is usually for those who hold a 200-hour qualification already and want to dive deeper into yoga specializations, such as yoga for Menopause or Pregnancy. A 300-hour course also dives deeper into integrating yoga practices and methods into your own life for personal transformation. I always think the best way to describe this is to think of a 200-hour qualification as a Bachelors' Degree and to think of the 300-hours as a Master's Degree.
Our 200-hour YogaBellies Teacher Training covers specific women-focused yoga.
Who should take the CYT 200-hour training?
- You don’t hold any other yoga teaching qualification
- You want to be able to complete all of your studies online without deadlines or time commitments of live sessions
- You want to be able to dip in and out of your studies and specific teaching styles (e.g. pregnancy and postpartum) as it suits you
- You want to ensure you have a solid grounding in the basics of yoga terminology, philosophy, and anatomy.
- You can to get qualified as quickly as possible and have everything at your fingertips
Who should take the 300-hour EMPOWER training?
- Those who already hold a 200-hour yoga teaching qualification or
- Midwives, teachers, chiropractors, doulas who wish to incorporate yoga practices for women into their work, without necessarily teaching yoga classes or
- Serious yoga practitioners who want to dive into a journey of self-exploration, embodying the yoga practices they learn and empowering themselves throughout life
- You want to dive deeply into each area of women's yoga or have a specialist interest in one area
- If you are looking to complete your studies over a 6 month period and can commit to live online teaching and mentoring sessions, with Cheryl and her team of Senior YogaBellies Teachers
- You can find out more about EMPOWER here
"I understand why yoga is so important to women: But not just ANY yoga practice. I've seen over 100,000 women in the UK alone, come along to YogaBellies classes and understand how best to work therapeutically with women throughout life. Over my 25 years of yoga practice, I have learned what that practice is and want to share it with you.
As a 500 E-RPYT, I have trained hundreds of yoga teachers in the YogaBellies® style of pregnancy yoga over the past 15 years. YogaBellies® is a unique style of yoga that I created specifically for women, making use of the yogic practices best suited to support us through the emotional, physical and psychological changes we experience - not just during pregnancy, just custom created for each of our female life stages."
I've also been featured in:
• The Huffington Post - talking about my yoga journey and YogaBellies® beginnings
• As a winner of BBC Dragon's Den - the Dragon's loved the concept of YogaBellies®
• Appeared on ITV's This Morning - teaching yoga to women and children at various life stages
• All of the magazines, TV channels and publications you can see on this page, talking about yoga for women throughout life
• Been personal yoga teacher to celebrities such as Kimberley Walsh (Girls Aloud), Fearne Cotton and Catherine Tyldsley
- Love all things yoga and women's health
- Are looking for a new direction
- Want to gain a solid foundation in teaching yoga for women
- Want to train online in your own time with no time restrictions
- Want Yoga Alliance International Accredited Teacher Training
- Then YogaBellies® Teacher Training is a life-changing certification for you.
Ready to get started in this self-paced fully online teacher training?
Over 100,000 women in the UK alone have attended YogaBellies® classes, and this is your invitation to join this growing community of women supporting women, and to teach yoga created especially for women, by women
You don’t need to be a yoga teacher or yoga expert to join us and we believe that if you live by yoga ethics, that the physical aspects of your practice can be perfected in time. We accept applications from all health, maternity and fitness professionals too, and all applications will be considered.
Our YogaBellies® 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is delivered fully online, so you can fit in your education whenever (and wherever) you can. It's self-paced so there are no deadlines and you will have lifetime access to the training.
You can also choose to become a licensed YogaBellies® teacher (optional), you will have a complete, ethical and supportive licensed business model, to help you live the dream.
Certified YogaBellies® teachers receive world-wide accredited training as well as brand and peer support. We don't just give you yoga teaching skills in our unique women's only style, we also give you all of the tools and techniques that you need to set up and run a successful, ethical YogaBellies® business all of your own.
What about teaching practice and observation?
We also recommend that all students observe and assist in a class where possible but we provide access to 30 videos of different YogaBellies teachers teaching our classes online so you can observe and learn. We provide guidance on how to do this. We are happy to observe and assess one of your own classes via video.
Will I make my money back?
Our yoga teacher training package represents amazing value for your investment and a truly affordable route to becoming a specialist women's yoga teacher.
Our yoga teacher training programme is carefully designed to give you the knowledge you need to start teaching your classes soon after completing the course. You can also choose to become a licensed YogaBellies Teacher where you will be provided with all the marketing and promotional material templates you need to advertise and fill your classes as part of the package.
Womens’, Pregnancy, Postnatal, Baby Yoga and Massage are specialist classes in great demand so you can expect to earn more than from general yoga. When teaching our boutique YogaBellies classes, you can expect to charge higher than average for your class bookings.
I am a Midwife, Doula, personal trainer, or fitness professional – can I enroll?
Midwives are particularly welcome, as they have so much to offer women. Fitness professionals are welcome. Many Physical Training Instructors have fertility students, pregnant or postnatal ladies as clients and would benefit from some specialist tuition in how to support their specialist requirements.
Training in women’s pregnancy or postnatal yoga will add a highly marketable skill to your teaching repertoire. If you already have a committed yoga practice and have been attending classes for at least 12 months, you are automatically eligible for enrolment on the course. If you have less yoga experience then we would encourage you to contact us before enrolling. You may also be interested in our EMPOWER training.
When can I start to teach classes?
You can start to practice as a trainee teacher whenever you feel comfortable and you are ready to do so.
Can I join the teacher training when I’m pregnant or just had a baby?
Definitely! Many of our teachers enroll in the programme during or just after pregnancy and find it’s the perfect time to study how to teach women's’ yoga. After having a baby, some ladies find that they reconsider their career options.
Teaching YogaBellies offers a flexible and rewarding career which is possible to fit around other work and family commitments. It's not impossible to study with a new baby; it simply requires a little organization and a whole lot of love.
What assignments do I need to submit?
In order to successfully complete the course, you will need to complete a module exam for each to ensure you have understood the training information. You are given clear guidance for submission plus our marking criteria as part of the course materials. There will also be teaching practice and class observations to be undertaken.
I'm not a Yoga Teacher and I don’t have much Yoga experience — can I enroll?
We believe that an interest in yoga is more important than hours of experience on a yoga mat. If you've always wanted to teach yoga for women but you don't have much experience then we encourage you to contact us before enrolling, just drop us a line and we can chat more. We can then speak to you in person to assess your suitability for the course.
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We also offer a finance option. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve never had a baby — can I enroll?
Definitely! All we require from you is a keen interest in yoga and a passion for passing this on to female students, pregnant or postnatal ladies, and their babies.
Who else is suitable to take our course?
Completion of a 200-hour yoga teacher training program or its equivalent prior to taking this course is not a prerequisite as we understand that many of our students are only interested in learning to teach Women’s’, Pregnancy or Postnatal / Mum & Baby Yoga. This course was originally designed to be taught as a live 200-hour YTT, so you will get a LOT of extra information and guidance should you need it. It is open to women from all walks of life, NOT just yoga teachers.
Yes absolutely! When you are undertaking one of our teacher training courses or once qualified, you can choose to become a licensed YogaBellies Teacher. This means you can offer YogaBellies set class plans, be listed on our website and use the YogaBellies name to promote your yoga business. This is completely optional and you can find out more here.
YogaBellies® are looking for teachers with a balance of skills. You must have a love (some would say an obsession!) of all things women, baby, birth and yoga. But most importantly - you MUST have a genuine interest in supporting women and infants using our yogic techniques.
We believe that if you live by yoga ethics, that the physical aspects of your practice can be perfected in time. We accept applications from all health, maternity and fitness professionals too, and all applications will be considered.
Our YogaBellies® Teacher training is delivered fully online, so you can fit in your education whenever (and wherever) you can.
As a YogaBellies® teacher, you will have a complete, ethical and supportive licensed business model, to help you live the dream.